Area committees have two roles: Raise funds for the work of the charity and raise awareness of the charity – if people do not know we exist, they cannot ask us for help.
Raising awareness is all about events. Events attended by people in the news trade help cement the name and work of the charity in people’s minds and when they come across someone NewstrAid might be able to help, they make the connection and suggest that person contacts the charity.
Our Area Committees are always looking for people to help them in their work, so if you would like to know more and be put in contact with your local committee mail Alan Mottram-Playfoot.
Area Committee Map
Below is a map of all our Area committees. Find the one that is local to you
List of Area Committees:
- East of England Dickens – based in Maidstone.
- East Midlands – based in Peterborough
- London East & South Essex – based in Greenwich
- North East – based in Newcastle
- North West – based in Warrington
- Scottish – based in Edinburgh
- South Wales – based in Newport
- Sussex & Surrey – based in Lancing
- Thames Valley – based in Slough
- The Shires – based in Nottingham
- Wessex – based in Southampton
- West Midlands – based in Birmingham
- Yorkshire & North Derbyshire – based in Wakefield
- South West – based in Exeter