There are two ways NewstrAid can provide financial assistance to people with a newstrade connection who are facing hardship.
Regular financial help for those who are facing constant hardship and are struggling to cover ongoing everyday living costs for themselves and their family.
Ongoing assistance is awarded to those whose circumstances are unlikely to change such as the elderly and those who are unable to work due to long term disability. Help with care home fees can also be covered by regular grants.
One-off samaritan grants
Supported by the Harry Hammond Legacy
One-off grants to address specific needs for those who have encountered unexpected hardship. Funding may be approved to:
- Help meet Essential Living Costs
- Replace Essential Household Appliances
- Help with Short Term Care Costs
- Help Dependent Children – Supported by the Association of Circulation Executives (ACE)
- Fund Disability Aids, Equipment & Adaptions